The last three weeks has been a
great experience for me with my first blog. I have read a lot of articles on
the advantages of blogging. The latest discovery I have made is that there is a
new form of blogging called micro-blogging.
According to Leina et al (2013), “Micro-blogging,
an emerging form of communication medium, provides a new channel for people to
publish short messages updates, including daily conversations, URLs sharing and
information news, by instant messages, email, the web and cell-phone. When we
use forums like twitter to share information, we are micro-blogging.”
One thing that has also stood out from
my readings (Ray, 2006) is that while blogging is a good tool for the
classroom, there are negative issues that can present a problem. One is the
problem of accessibility and the other is safety of children/ students. Not all
students have a computer and internet access. There is also the threat of
communicating inappropriately with persons on the internet. Teachers have to
take the necessary steps to handle these issues.
I look forward to continue this blog.
I look forward to continue this blog.
Leina, J., Weijiang, L., Hui, D., & Feng,
W. (2013). A Survey of researching on micro-blogging. Journal of theoretical
& applied information technology, 47(3), 1213-1217.
Ray, J. (2006). Welcome to the Blogoshere:
The Educational Use of Blogs (aka Edublogs). Kappa Delta Pi Record, 42(4),
175-177.
Softic, S. S. (2012). Towards Identifying
Collaborative Learning Groups Using Social Media. International Journal of
Emerging Technologies In Learning, 15-21.
No comments:
Post a Comment